Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The last time I blogged, which was oh so long ago, I talked about my bucket list. One of the things on my list was to be published in one of the issues of Stampington. I accomplished that goal and I am proud to say that my lampshade is in the current issue of Somerset Memories! It's just a picture and a little blurb about the shade but it's in there and my name is there. And this blog is there so I decided I better get on it and blog!

The whole idea of a "bucket list" came about because of going through the awful of ordeal of finding out my oldest daughter had breast cancer. I think it was part of what helped me get through those long months of chemo and her recovery from surgery. She is one year out from surgery and doing fantastic. Just when I thought we were done with cancer my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer. The start of another journey through cancer just about put me in a tail spin. And there went my desire to share and blog right down the drain. He is now one month recovered from surgery! My lampshade is in print and once again I am going to move forward and start blogging and creating. Thanks Stampington for once again giving me much needed motivation!

And, here is a sideways picture of my lampshade. Haven't figured out how to turn this picture around yet so it's staying like this. The picture in Somerset doesn't show it on the wagonwheel hub because I couldn't send it to them due to the weight. I found the hub at a yard sale in Arizona and never could find the right shade for it so I got busy and made this one using alot of the things I learned in an online workshop by K.C. Willis. I love fabric collage!

 
So, here's to new beginnings on the blog and hopefully a lifetime of never hearing that one of my loved ones has cancer!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, you have been through the wringer..You poor thing. I know it is hard on the caregiver too, I hope all is well with hubby and your daughter. I just dropped in to wish you well on the dress form drawing and got all wrapped up in your life. Thank you for your kind comment. I just put up a post today about how it rained at the Fancy flea. Some people called it a disaster.....We have a saying in our family when things go badly....Well, it's not cancer.....I am pretty sure you will understand what that means! Wishing you the best

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me from your email address so I can stay in touch with you! I can't reply back to your comment on my blog because it goes to "noreply@blogger" and I don't wanna get back on FB! haha!
    My email is LeBlackRooster@aol.com

    ReplyDelete